It haunted me for 21 years. A challenge so hard that even the most powerful AI/LLMs couldn't solve it.
And tonight, it's solved! 🔥🔥🔥
"Down the Tubes" on TheBlackSheep.
If you're old enough, to be called "uncle" by the new uber admin on WeChall - @rayaseiren, maybe you'll know this chall.
A chall created by BaRa, who was well known for his creative and unconventional stegano challenges. It was the only stegano chall on TBS that I couldn't solve for 21 years.
With the recent advances in AI, I have been able to solve many challs I couldn't solve or didn't have the patience to solve before. But Down the Tubes was so different.
I tried throwing the most powerful AI/LLMs I could at it: Claude, ChatGPT, Gemini, Grok... Burned a ridiculous amount of tokens 🔥. Still nothing.
It was so crazy that I started wondering if it would keep haunting me for many more years. Or could be forever.
Then recently, an old buddy solved it. And he admitted something interesting: He couldn't fully understand how it worked.
So I stopped asking the machines. I went back to the challenge.
No AI. No LLM.
Just me, the clues, and 21 years of accumulated stubbornness.
And finally...
Solved!!!! 🏴☠️🔥🔥
The solution itself is just a string of characters. But after 21 years, it feels like something much bigger.
Some challenges test your technical skills. Some test your patience.
And some become part of your history.
"Down the Tubes" was one of those.
It haunted me for 21 years.
Tonight, the ghost is finally gone!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment